Re: bare copper bathtub faucet
Posted by hj on November 08, 2002 at 07:44:35:
In response to Re: bare copper bathtub faucet
A picture might help, but I assume that part should unscrew from a pipe or fitting in the wall, since the spouts that slip over a copper tube should not have been available if it is that old. If it is just a piece of 1/2" copper tube, the the new spout will either slide over it and clamp or a threaded adapter can be attached for the new spout to screw on to.

: While remodeling a very OLD bathroom with fixtures that were stubborn, I ended up popping the fixures off in a very primative manner [the claw of my hammer]. In doing so, the hot, cold, and shower knobs came of fine...however, [excuse my lack of terms] the part where the water comes OUT popped off leaving a bare piece of pipe. Now, I have no clue what to do with that. There is no threading, it just broke off. What do I do with this, if anything. Do parts come with the new faucet fixtures that will help, or will I have to do some grunt work first?? HELP PLEASE.

: thank you

Replies to this post
There are none.