Re: Briggs toilets
Posted by Terry Love on November 06, 2002 at 13:16:55:
In response to Re: Briggs toilets
: : Can anyone comment on the flush on the Briggs Vacuity. I need to decide between this and a Toto G-Maxstyle.
: : Any help appreciated.

: Reply:

: I have one of each in my house.

: Prior to becoming fimilar w/Toto's G-Max flushing system, I recommended the Briggs Vacuity to my brother-in-law when he built his house. He installed 3 and he's very pleased with them. (Although, I haven't told him about Toto yet)

: Sense then I've been very impressed with Toto's G-Max design. I have actually placed a hand full (6) large stones (1" to 1-1/4" in dia.) and a ball point pen into a domo unit. One flush and everything had passed completely out of the bowl, through the trap, and into a bucket below.

: It's like Terry Love said, it depends what you're going to be putting down the toilet. I was much more impressed with the rocks and pen, than those plastic balls:)

: Seriously - I can't say anything bad about the Briggs that I have, but the Toto certainly evacuates (and scours) the bowl better than the Briggs. TerryA

A little update on the Vacuity.
When CR's report came out, I installed one in my home to see why they were so high on it.
It seems to flush like an old style washdown bowl.
Not all of the water leaves the bowl during a flush. There are times when you will need to flush twice.
Frankly, there are better toilets out there than this for less money. Terry Love

Consumer report on toilets

Replies to this post
There are none.