Re: Water Hammer
Posted by Terry Love on November 05, 2002 at 23:41:49:
In response to Re: Water Hammer
: Help! I moved into a new townhouse and everytime the washing machine or dishwasher cycle, the pipes bang. I know this is water hammer but the plumber is in denial. I bought a pressure tester and the house pressure is about 45 psi. So high pressure is probably not an issue. The plumbers made sure that most of the lines were secured. Please give me some advice to get the plumber to admit it is water hammer...

: Thanks!

If you have a closed system, either a check valve at the meter, or a pressure reducing valve, then you will have water hammer at the washer, dishwasher and icemaker.
The plumbing codes specify hammer arrestors at these locations.

Replies to this post