Re: Need info on Kohlers 81100, you know ...the exploding one!
Posted by Terry Love on October 26, 2002 at 14:17:42:
In response to Re: Need info on Kohlers 81100, you know ...the exploding one!

: I have a Kohler San Raphael toilet that has the 81100 pressure clean flushometer tank system in it. It is around 8 years old and has been leaking from the flush valve cartridge assembly. Well the leak is getting worse and after doing a little research on finding a replacement cartridge I've found out that you can't get it anymore and that I am one of many people who are stuck literally sitting on a time bomb. My question is after reading some of the messages here about this toilet someone made reference to a recall. Does anyone have any info on this? I have heard that Kohler will give money towards a new one and in some cases sent replacements but nothing about a recall. Also can anyone who has replaced this toilet tell me what they bought and what they think of it? I was going to get another San Raphael just because the appearance of the new model is identical to the old one but after reading what people have said about that one I think I will stay away from Kohler, even if it's free!

John,
There are no parts for these.
There never was a recall.
Kohler offers $75.00 on a new Kohler, you must bring the toilet back to them or to one of their retail outlets.

I have been replacing a lot of these Kohler toilets lately, most of them with the one and two piece Toto toilets that use G-Max flushing.
If you are used to the "pressure-assist" performance, going with the Toto G-Max  or PowerGravity will be more like what you are used to without  experiencing the startle effect.
In the two piece toilets, Kohler does make a nice elongated Flushmate equipped, pressure assist toilet. Wellworth Pressure Lite, K-3458

Consumer Affairs on Kohler 81100  toilets

News story on the Kohler 81100 toilets

Kohler warranty.  

Other posts on this model

Terry's WWWBoard

[ Post Followup ] [ Terry'sWWWBoard ]
<

Replies to this post
There are none.