Re: Reverse Polarity at Electric Dryer Outlet
Posted by Philip on October 25, 2002 at 13:54:24:
In response to Re: Reverse Polarity at Electric Dryer Outlet
This is aa real simple problem to fix. Turn of the power at the circuit breaker. Check the the outlet with a tester to make sure the power is actually off. Then chech again. Switch the white and black leads on the back of the receptacle. White is neutral and black is power. The back of the receptacle is probably labeled. Reinstall and test before using. If any of this scares you, calll an electrician. Power can be dangereous.

: A friend tested the outlet where my electric dryer is plugged into and found out the outlet has reverse polarity. He used one of the yellow testers with the lights on the end. What does reverse polarity mean? This was something missed by the home inspector when I bought the house. Is it safe to use the dryer until I call the electrician? How big a job is it to fix? Sorry to ask this here on Terry Love's plumbing website, but plumbers do know something about electricity don't they? Plumbers know something about everything, don't they? Love this web site. Gotta have a sense of humor in life. Thanks in advance.

Replies to this post
There are none.