Posted by Susan on October 13, 2002 at 23:32:15:
In response to Thanks
: : Is it okay to sweat a male threaded adapter on the house drain and then screw a pvc female (with pipe tape) to transition from copper to PVC?

: Yes, although we generally prefer to go copper FA to plastic MA.

: : What is a trap adapter? Is it a different size slip ring (washer) that you use with a metal tail pipe. I assume that the OD of the metal pipe is smaller than the OD of a PVC pipe. Correct?

: It is a slip ring washer setup. The OD of the 1.5 metal is smaller than the ID of the PVC pipe.

Replies to this post
There are none.