Outside Water Shut-off
Posted by Joe Charpentier on October 12, 2002 at 18:29:41:
Hi, I just moved into this house - 25 years old. Need to replace the valve the serves the refrigerator and to do that I need to shut-off the water. Previous owner says the only place is at the meter. The valve is not a normal handle. Instead it is a paddle. Can' budge it. Tried a wrench but can't get much leverate as it is in a box in the ground. Is there a tool that fits this? Seems to me I've seen one that goes into the hole with a "T" handle at the top. Something like that would make this easier. Any of this making sense? Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies to this post