|Posted by hj on October 05, 2002 at 19:51:52:|
|In response to Re: Toxicity of potable water piping: steel, stainless steel, copper, plastics.|
IF any of them released toxic materials, they would not be permitted in a potable water system. In addition, any release of materials would be accompanied by a loss of pipe material, which would eventually cause a pipe failure. Even the lead in solder joints, and brass faucets, was so minor as to be insignificant, but it was still banned as a toxic substance.
: Could you say which is the least toxic of these materials when used for ordinary water piping in home (used for drinking and washing)?
: Are there any studies and specific figures quantifying release of variuos chemicals by those pipes?
|Replies to this post|