Re: case 3000 toilet
Posted by hj on September 30, 2002 at 09:03:40:
In response to Re: case 3000 toilet
Since the cracks seem to be at the points of highest stress on the tank, I would not trust its integrity. The floor mount units do not use the same connecting method as a true wall hung does. There are some true wall hung toilets, but you have to remove the Case hanger bar and install the top bolts on the existing carrier. It requires a bit of wall repair, but that is the case regardless of which unit you choose as a replacement.
: I have a case 3000 toilet (bright turquoise) that has has 4 hairline cracks in it, 2 coming out from the top of the mounting bracket on the back wall of the tank and two on either side in front of the tank. Will this toilet last or is it about to blow!? I had the inside mechanisms replaced about 3 years ago and it works fine. There is a small leak in one of the cracks I notice a small dried spot on the floor every so often and can tell it leaks very slowly from some residue on the crack outside of the bowl, but this is not a problem at this point. I have put a wooden block underneath it to help support it. This kind of defeats the purpose of having a wall hung toilet. I have found an American Standard commercial model called "Yorkville" that has a wall outlet but mounts to the floor ( Kholer has a similar commercial one called "Barrington") could either one of these models be used to replace it without tearing everything up?
: Thanks for you help!

Replies to this post
There are none.