Re: water line pressure test for inspector?
Posted by hj on September 29, 2002 at 20:47:20:
In response to Re: water line pressure test for inspector?
I have never heard of a special test for the main line, unless it has multiple "splices" and it is already buried. Otherwise, they just require that the meter be turned on and none of the joints have any leaks. If he wants a test, then you will have to install a gauge somewhere and then pressurize the pipe to his requirements, unless the city pressure will satisfy him. Then you will have to turn off the valves at both ends of the new pipe, bring it up to the required pressure and hold it for the period of time he specifies.

: I just finished running a new copper water main to replace the rusted galvanized line to my house. I understand that the inspector will require a pressure test. I also understand that I can use either air or water. How do I do it with water? How long does it have to hold the pressure for?
: thanks

Replies to this post
There are none.