Re: leaky pump?
Posted by Quality Water Associates on September 22, 2002 at 13:01:22:
In response to Re: leaky pump?
: Hello,

: We have a leak in our basement around the well pump I think. It's either there or the well water holding tank which is less likely. The copper pipe comming from the pump & giong to the house is condensing a lot but not enough to cause the amount of water we are getting (a good sized puddle every 3-4 hours).

: My husband wants to cut a pipe so he can look under the holding tank to see if the problem is stemming from there. Is he headed in the right direction.

: Please let me know if you need more info or you need me to be more specific.

: Thanks.
: Mrs. Marcellino

He may have a better idea of where the water is coming from than you, and that is an area that would need checking if the water on the bottom of the tank wasn't from condensation. But I wouldn't suggest cutting pipes until you both make sure the water isn't from condensation regardless where it is. Take a towel and dry off everything off that you can reach and trun on a fan pointed toward the plumbing and tank. Then feel for water and trace it back (up) to where it comes from.
I take it tha tyou have a pump in the basement, they sweat a lot, so the amount of water you see may be nothing more than condensation. Dry it and actually see how much water there is.

Replies to this post
There are none.