Re: Placement of monoflow tee's
Posted by Bill on September 13, 2002 at 16:29:42:
In response to Re: Placement of monoflow tee's
: The rule for Monoflo tees, (whether one or two), is that there has to be enough separation between the feed and return for a radiator to create sufficient resistance to force circulation through the radiator. The addition of the ell, I presume between the feed and return, should only add to the resistance and help the cirulation. Since it does not there is an additional factor at work here and it cannot be solved without onsite investigation or more data regarding the piping from the main to the radiator and back.

First off, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. The didtance between the t and monoflow is approximately 20". I have the MFT on the return side and oriented in the proper direction. The 90� elbow is imediately after the MFT and the drop distance is approximately 6". The way I see it, the el being so close to the MFT is preventing it from developing an increase in flow velocity and therefore, a decrease in pressure. I figure that I have two choices.. First, I can replace the T with another MFT (opposite orientation), or I can relocate the two T's away from the elbow. I think it is going to be equal work either way.

Any comments are welcome.

Bill

: : Bill

Replies to this post