Re: Blue Max
Posted by hj on September 07, 2002 at 09:40:16:
In response to Re: Blue Max
I doubt that there is a statistic, since there are not likely to be anything that tells how many homes have it. I do know that there are more leaks after 10 years than there are before that. Sometimes it is a function of how it was installed. I had one on Labor Day that started as a simple crack, but before I could get back to it to put a temporary patch on it, the tubing twisted because of stress from the installation and ripped in two. That required making a splice and because of the misalignment during the installation, it was somewhat difficult to get the two sections back together. I don't know the situation for your line so I cannot say if it would cost $3,000 to replace or not. It would be your call whether to stand pat or make them a counter offer of $1,000 or so. You are just lucky you do not have it inside the house, or you might be making a rather hefter allowance.
: We have the infamous Blue Max PB yard service line. Our home is 14 years old and I guess we are one of the "lucky" ones. We have had no leaks.

: Now we are trying to sell our house. He have a contract. The home inspection went well with only a few minor bumps and bruises typical of a 14 year old home. Today the buyers approached us and said they want $3000 taken off the price because we have Blue Max and someday it "might" leak.

: Are there any stastics that say what percentage of Blue Max owners can actually expect to have problems with this type of service line?

: I am not a big fan of paying to fix something that's not broke.

: Thanks in advance.

Replies to this post
There are none.