Re: Water meter and water line
Posted by hj on August 29, 2002 at 01:35:20:
In response to Re: Water meter and water line
The $2,400.00 figure may be high, but at least he knows where to start and how to do it. The city fee usually includes an item called a development fee and is added to any new water meter installation. If yours includes it, you might be able to lower the fee by explaining that you are not adding any usage to the sewer or water systems, you are just distributing it differently.

: I have done a ton of work to the duplex I own, but I am truly stumped at my next project. I am splitting up my duplex and I need to run another waterline to my house. The double water meter is already set...the plumber called and said it would cost me $2,400.00 to run piping about 30 feet. I told him no I would do it. But how do I start? From the house to street is about 35 feet...what do I need to do? I can't find anything on the web about this subject. The city wants to also charge me $1,300.00 just to use their meter. The plumber did tell me that what the city was asking was ricidulous and not right. Someone help me!!!! Please

Replies to this post
There are none.