Re: replacing galvinized pipes
Posted by hj on August 27, 2002 at 08:56:29:
In response to Re: replacing galvinized pipes
Which part of AZ are you in? Around here that is about the only way PEX and CPVC is installed.

: Thanks for the response. I was wondering between PEX and CPVC? I am checking with the codes, but I have been told here in AZ I can not go overhead. I will find out. CPVC glues together, correct? How are the fittings attached with PEX? Do they have fittings for either to attach to the existing galvinized plumbing?

: : Copper or PEX plastic are the two most common materials. It would be difficult to install the new piping under the concrete without making a lot of holes. The repiping is normally done with the new pipes overhead in the attic.

: : : I have a home built in the 50's. I have a major slab leak(hot water). It is all galvinized and is in horrible condition. What is the most widely used and recomended material used to replace galvinized pipes? I have gained access to the plumbing through holes jackhammered in the slab. Thanks MKM

Replies to this post