PB pipe - 10 years - why a limit?
Posted by Karen on August 15, 2002 at 12:18:06:
My parents got stuck with a bill for $4000 earlier this year because of leak that actually burst underground outside the home (Yard line). They had it replaced and they are on a fixed income -- We found out just today that there was a class action lawsuit pending but only for those who had problems within 10 years of the installation - that doesn't seem quite fair to stop at 10 years - a house should not have these kinds of problems the first ten years - a house is not considered old at 10 years - I would understand that this happens at 20 or 25 years but not at 12 years -- They are not eligible for help with reimbursement because of this time limit -- I am wondering who we need to deal with to get an extension on this time frame - and not forget about the people who have this stinking material in the house that they bought - that they thought was brand new and shouldn't be forced to fork over the kind of money to replace a pipe that was so crappy from the get go - why should anyone be responsible for any of this? A house is not old at 12 years -- there should not be any major problems with a house that is 12 years old - if the company who built them - built them properly -- and used a material that was reliable -- I had heard that this product was a risk when they were first using it because they didn't know what the life would be - I think that the company who made this pipe should be responsible since they didn't check it out first - and make sure it would last before installing it in so many homes -- they need to be liable for all these problems - But yet they say "oh well you got 10 years!" That is like saying "if your car dies at 4 years oh well you got four years" No you should get more out of a product!! I think that there should be a class action suit filed for up to 15 years at the very least -- that is still reasonable time for a home to be considered not old -

Replies to this post
There are none.