American Standard defective tub ?
Posted by MJ on August 14, 2002 at 11:49:27:
We waited 8 months to have our bathroom redone..I was so happy when it was over..Unfortunatly when I got into the shower the floor of the tub wasn't set properly- it would give a bit..It's an American Standard tub- it's called Americast [sp?} Its like there isn't enough cement under the tub and there are spaces which sink down when my weight is on it..
According to my contractor I've got a defective tub- he said the fiberglass is separating from something or other..So- he's got to rip out the tub along with the shower doors and tiles surrounding the tub..

Has anybody ever had a defective tub? Can it be possible? OR am I being fed a line of bs for lousy installation?

In addition he said he's going to have to get a claim # from AS for the defective tub and that can take up to 4 months...He did say he wouldn't make us wait b/c my partner recently lost her leg and needs this tub for soaking..

Can I get in touch with American Standard? IT's bad enough to have to go thru this whole tub removal but to have to wait for a claim # seems a bit much..

Has anybody had any similiar experiences?
Please drop me a line at CanalGals@aol.com
Thanks
MJ

Replies to this post