Re: fill valve repair/replacement for an old toilet
Posted by hj on August 08, 2002 at 23:14:03:
In response to Re: fill valve repair/replacement for an old toilet
Those numbers are the Sears model so their parts or online service may be able to find the parts. The parts should be the same as a Universal Rundle toilet, but the raised shelf means that it might also be a Briggs or Case. In any case, parts are available for all three, although they are quite pricey.

: I have a one piece (I think that it is referred to as a low-boy) that haas a leaking fill valve. The fill valve is not what I am used to looking at. It is brass (as are all the guts excepting the float) and seems to be mouted on a part of the tank that is elevated, like sort of a shelf. I have tinlered wiht the valuve before,trying to replace the interior of the valve but these repairs haven't lasted, it starts to ruin after a few months. I think that my major problem aside from my plumbing skills is that I can't identify the the maker of the tiolet. The year 1968 is embossed in the porcelin and Sears is the name on the toilet. Obviously Sears doesn't make toilets, I don't think. The Model # is 738 49245. I would love to repair this toilet rather than send it to the dump.

: Can anyone help me out? Does someone make a replacement fill valve? If so, how do i identify the toile to get the proper part(s)?

: Thanks in advance for your help

Replies to this post