Re: Water Main Sheared Off
Posted by Dennis on August 06, 2002 at 21:00:43:
In response to Re: Water Main Sheared Off
:Terry: I'm not sure what you mean by cutting out the bind and replacing it with fittings...

: The only way I know of to get the "bind" out, is to cut it out and replace it with fittings. Terry

: : Two inch bell end water supply line sheared off at basement entrance. Dug out and found line had sunk a good 2-3 inches over the last 5 years. This line runs from the meter to my house a good 300 feet. There is a curve in the line at the house end, where it goes under the driveway (gravel). I temporarily cut out ten feet of line and replaced it, but there is a bind in the pipe where it enters the house, so it is pushing against the concrete. Should I have someone excavate this line back to the start of the curve, then run it straight up to the house and put in a 90 degree elbow and run it in to the house to take the bind out, or can I do something simpler?

Replies to this post
There are none.