Re: Water heater thermocoupler replacement
Posted by hj on July 31, 2002 at 01:39:38:
In response to Re: Water heater thermocoupler replacement
The thermocouple could be the problem but if it is defective you usually cannot light the pilot and keep it going at all. To replace it, you unscrew it from the gas valve and pull it out of its mounting bracket. Reverse the steps to put the new one in.

: Problem: pilot light keeps going out on my water heater.

: I suspect I need to replace the thermocoupler, but I've never done it and haven't been able to find a "how-to" anywhere. I know I can buy a replacement for around $5 at a variety of different stores.

: Is the thermocoupler my problem, and if so, what's the procedure for replacing it?

: Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Replies to this post
There are none.