Re: LICENSED CONTRACTOR
Posted by hj on July 26, 2002 at 01:36:15:
In response to Re: LICENSED CONTRACTOR
He can say anything about where the wall is located, but have you verified that fact? As far as the responsibility, you might want to get a legal opinion, and some permanent assurance that the next owner will assume responsibility for its integrity.

: I HAVE A 3 FOOT RETAINING WALL IN MY BACKYARD WHICH HOLDS UP THE NEIGHBORS SLOPED BANK. MY NEIGHBOR SAYS THAT THE RETAINING WALL IS 2 FEET ON HIS PROPERTY AND HE IS GOING TO BUILD A NEW RETAINING WALL IN FRONT OF THE OLD ONE. HE IS GOING TO LEAVE THE OLD RETAINING WALL UP WHILE HE BUILDS THE NEW ONE AND HE ONLY HAS A TWO FOOT SPACE TO DO THIS BEFORE HE IS ON MY PROPERTY. I HAVE HEARD FROM NUMEROUS PEOPLE THAT THE CONTRACTOR IS NOT LICENSED AND DOES REALLY POOR WORK. I CALLED THE CITY AND LEARNED THAT THE PERMIT WAS PULLED BY THE OWNER. MY NEIGHBOR SAYS THAT THE CONTRACTOR WANTS TO USE MY PROPERTY FOR ACCESS BECAUSE IT IS DIFFICULT TO DO THE WORK FROM HIS SIDE DUE TO THE SLOPED BANK. MY FEAR IS THE FACT THAT I HAVE A POOL APPROX 4 FEET FROM THIS PROPOSED WALL AND DONT KNOW WHO IS RESPONSIBLE IF THE WALL LOSES INTEGRITY OVER THE YEARS. MY NEIGHBOR WILL NOT BE AT THIS HOUSE IN THE NEXT 5-10 YEARS. THE NEW WALL IS APPROX 90 FEET LONG.THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Replies to this post
There are none.