Re: adding outdoor faucet
Posted by Terry Love on June 09, 2002 at 21:30:55:
In response to Re: adding outdoor faucet

: I need to add an above the ground faucet to an existing under ground steel pipe. I know what type of faucet I need, it's just the union that I'm having a problem with. The steel pipe is the supply line going into the second garage/apartment in behind the house. The faucet I am using looks like the old time faucets you would find right above the well. It comes up out of the ground, has a handle on the back to turn off and on, I don't know the name of it, but to link it in to an existing steel pipe, I know I will need a T union, but how will I connect the threaded T when the pipes will not turn. I know I can screw on one end, but the other? There is a cut off valve next to were I want the faucet, it looks like it is soldered, could that be correct? I'm know expert, but I've never seen steel pipe soldered, also the supply line is making a curve, can steel pipes be bent? Would you please advise me on what to do. Thanks, Confused

Copper and lead pipes may be soldered.
Steel is threaded most of the time in the US.
In some countries they weld it.
You may want to use some emory cloth on the pipe to determine what material it is. Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.