The Fix
Posted by Jack on June 08, 2002 at 10:50:00:
In response to The Fix
Well for anyone ever in the same situation, or anyone that has a leaky PVC joint there is this stuff called Plug-n-Patch plumber's epoxy. Costs ~$3. You roll it in your hands to mix the epoxy. It has the consistency of clay. Then you just pack the leaky joint and in an hour the stuff is hard as a rock and ole' no more leak Worked great for me.
Jack

: Hi!
: I just got finished replacing the drain on my shower stall. It was a big job 'cause I had to rip the 1st floor cieling apart to do it. Now my problem is the the 2" sc40 connector where I tapped into the line is leaking. I'm not sure what the heck happened. I cleaned good prior to cementing, yada, yada. The problem is there would only about 1/2" of pipe left after I cut out the drain again to glue another connector to. My question (finally, sorry) - do you have to insert the pipe fully into the connector (~1") to get a good seal? Or is there an appropriate glue or sealer I can use to fix the leaky connector? Thanks for the help and sorry for the long post.
: Jack

Replies to this post
There are none.