Re: What are these called????????
Posted by hj on June 01, 2002 at 09:30:30:
In response to Re: What are these called????????
Your description is very vague, so I am not sure you are going to be venting the new fixtures properly, even by using a Studor air admittance valve. In the event your sewer system were to become partially plugged, the Studor vent will prevent the new drains from operating and the fixtures will back up, and possibly overflow.

: What the things/valves called that you stick on the end of a soil/vent pipe so you do not have to stick it through the roof? I guess they let air in but not out. What are the codes on these, do they have to have access?

: I want to put a full bath in my basement and want to start at the main sewer line and tap off with a toilet then a sink, then a shower, then have the stink pipe just come up out of the floor against the block wall, strap it to the wall and put one of those valves on the end.

Replies to this post
There are none.