Re: Kitchen Faucet Stem Replacement
Posted by hj on May 18, 2002 at 15:34:23:
In response to Re: Kitchen Faucet Stem Replacement
Take the stem to a plumbing parts store. Sears does not make their own faucets, so it should be available.

: The Hot Water handle on our kitchen faucet is stripped and will not tighten anymore. We had a plumber look at it and he said he did not have a stem to fit it and suggested we buy a whole new faucet. We got it 8 years ago, a nice white and brass faucet, and I really don't want to replace it if at all possible. The problem is that I don't know what brand it is as I don't have any of the paperwork that came with it. I do know we bought it at Sears.
: Any suggestions? Are these stems universal? Should I just remove the one that is there and take it to Home Depot or a plumbing supply house and hope for the best?

: Thanks!

Replies to this post
There are none.