Posted by Gary Swart on May 15, 2002 at 20:50:37:
In response to Re: DRAINAGE PROBLEM
The water coming in through the old pipe is ground water and has nothing to do with the new pipe other than now it is open to the outside. Your on the right track with the valve, but I realize you want a better solution. You can seal a hole in a basement wall with hydralic cement, but it's not the wall that is actually leaking. What I would suggest is to chip out the concrete around old pipe about 3 or 4 inches. Use a chisel and perhaps a drill with a large bit to chew off the old pipe back as far as possible. With the pipe out of the way, treat the hole like a leaking wall. Plaster it with hydralic cement. This is great stuff, it will even seal a leak where water is running. Several brands, any hardware store should have it.

Replies to this post
There are none.