Re: Can I Modify Tub Drain / Overflow Assembly?
Posted by Dan on May 10, 2002 at 09:17:00:
In response to Re: Can I Modify Tub Drain / Overflow Assembly?
: : You can't "add a link" that will make 45's but you can switch out that type of stopper to a lift and turn type installed into the tub shoe.

: : IMHO Whirlpool tubs should use a cable drive waste and overflow. Most people don't like the lift and turn sticking up, and the traditional linkage get a little long on larger tubs causing you to fiddle with it for a good seal.

: THANKS for the info. What is a "cable drive" type of waste/overflow? I know what it is...makes more sense - AND I think I will be able to use the existing P-trap location because there will be no 'linkage' to hang-up (should have become a plumber a long time ago).

Replies to this post
There are none.