Re: Water supply
Posted by Walt Korab on May 06, 2002 at 19:24:03:
In response to Re: Water supply
Follow up to the in-line tank problem.

I dug down the well casing only to hit solid rock about 2 feet down. The lawn hydrant that extends down the casing
has what seems to be the electrical junction box attached,to it's shaft, ( I thought this was the pressure tank ) It is not.
The pressure tank sits below this box and covers the entire crossectional area of the casing, I can't drop a stone to hit water.
It hits the top of the tank. There is no way that the tank is attached to the casing unless it was installed prior to
drilling the casing in. The top of the tank sits about 10 feet below the surface. Is it possible that a smaller diameter
casing was drilled first, then, a pipe adapter changed the remainder of the casing diameter to 6", which is what it is at the top.
Then when the pump and tank was dropped, the tank was supported on the smaller diameter casing?
Help,
Walt

: : Hi,
: : I have a project that entails bringing in a new water supply to a house from the well.
: : The cabin has a drilled well with a Campbell lawn hydrant coming out of the well seal that operates the
: : submersible well pump. That is the only water supply.
: : The lawn hydrant is secured to what must be a pressure tank inside the well casing about 3.5 ft
: : down from the top. The well has an electrical line going down probably to the pressure switch that
: : must be on the tank. The pump must be below that.
: : Anyway, I want to remove the in-line tank, connect a pitless adapter to the casing and bring the
: : water line into the cabin to a larger pressure tank.
: : The tank inside the casing seems to be attached, I tried pulling it but it didn't budge.
: : Are you familiar with this kind of installation and if so, can you give me an idea on how to pull it out?
: : The lawn hydrant stem is connected to the tank near the side of the casing wall as if it was a
: : pitless adapter connection but I couldn't pull it out.
: : Thanks,
: : Walt

Replies to this post
There are none.