Water supply
Posted by Walt Korab on April 28, 2002 at 16:20:21:
I have a project that entails bringing in a new water supply to a house from the well.
The cabin has a drilled well with a Campbell lawn hydrant coming out of the well seal that operates the
submersible well pump. That is the only water supply.
The lawn hydrant is secured to what must be a pressure tank inside the well casing about 3.5 ft
down from the top. The well has an electrical line going down probably to the pressure switch that
must be on the tank. The pump must be below that.
Anyway, I want to remove the in-line tank, connect a pitless adapter to the casing and bring the
water line into the cabin to a larger pressure tank.
The tank inside the casing seems to be attached, I tried pulling it but it didn't budge.
Are you familiar with this kind of installation and if so, can you give me an idea on how to pull it out?
The lawn hydrant stem is connected to the tank near the side of the casing wall as if it was a
pitless adapter connection but I couldn't pull it out.

Replies to this post