Re: Installing a whole house drain
Posted by hj on April 27, 2002 at 09:22:24:
In response to Re: Installing a whole house drain
You can replace the valve after the meter with a 1" three way valve. It will require a bit of repiping, but when the valve is in the service position it will function like it does now. When switched to the "off" position, the third port outlet will allow the water to drain from the house line automatically. During the transition from service ot off, there will be a momentary rush of water as the ports rotate inside the valve.

: I recently bought a model home with a 1" water feed. I want to install a drain valve so I can drain the entire water system, without disconnecting the union at the meter. I have a shutoff valve before and after the meter. What kind of drain do I use? Do I have to Tee off into this drain valve?

Replies to this post
There are none.