Re: Can't get water to faucets?
Posted by More on April 26, 2002 at 22:36:32:
In response to Re: Can't get water to faucets?
When you turned off the well, water receeded past the foot valve and let fust oxidize inside the above ground piping. Put a garden hose on the hydrant that has water pressure, and try flushing backwards toward the hydrant from the water heater. Then see if the water heater will fill. If it won't, open the cold water line at the water heater and try flushing from the hydrant again. If that won't work, try blowing air pressure bach from the opened water heater line to the hydrant. The cold washing machine valve has good pressure? But the water heater won't fill because it is giving higher head pressure to the line that requires water pressure from the well expansion tank. You have rust in the line between the hydrant and the trailer that you need to remove. Then clean the aereator screens in the tub and shower and close and open the angle stop at the toilet three or four times to crush the rust balls in the angle stop (but disconnect the supply tube fill to the toilet tank valve first) so that the bigger pieces of rust can be blown into the toilet tank and won't clog the very small orifice of the fill valve.

: I shut the water off to my mother-in-law's trailer over the winter while she was gone so that I could shut off the furnace. Her trailer is higher than the pressure tank that is in an outside pit. Our home has rural water, she is using the well. I turned off the well and drained the pressure tank last November, leaving the well off until she returned last weekend. Now I have the well back on but the pressure tank is not filling. I found an air release on the top of it and let some air out but it made no difference. There is water at her hydrant next to her water heater, but her water heater is not filling. There is no water in the trailer except on the cold washing machine valve. The stool isn't filling and neither sink faucet works, nor does the shower. I am baffled.

Replies to this post
There are none.