Re: installing a claw foot bathtub
Posted by More on April 26, 2002 at 21:48:50:
In response to Re: installing a claw foot bathtub
Showers weren't prevalent when the claw foot tub was in Vogue. You can buy adapter kits that will create a diverter valve that mounts on the wall, or you can create your own. To make your own, start with the concept and style you like for the tub. Will you use original type faucets? They utilized no diverter valve (mixer) inside the tub fill spout area but simply one faucet for hot and one for cold and the tub filling temperature was gauged by hand (literally). They also uses a method of an estuceon at the face with a pressure back plate and screw threaded tightening device which called for talent in getting them plumb abd level when tightening (hence the name plumber). You can buy a diverter that allows you to divert the supply water away from these faucets to a new pipe rising to the shower head, and or away from the shower to the tub faucets, or you can build supply pipes to the faucets with a"tee" connections and then run the supply to the diverter and control the shower from a separate mixing valve. The drain needs to be routed through a "p trap", to your available floor drain.

: Hi,
: I Just found a old claw tub. Now that I have it all refinshed,I'm not sure how to install it. It came with the shower rails and the shower head, It only has two faucet holes and the over flow hole. The pipes for the drain hole are still with the tub. Any answers would be great.
: Thanking You in Advance
: Linda

Replies to this post
There are none.