Re: ANTISIPHON OUTSIDE FAUCET - Leaking
Posted by Alan Stephens on April 21, 2002 at 19:56:52:
In response to Re: ANTISIPHON OUTSIDE FAUCET - Leaking
My antisiphon faucet only leaks when the faucet is turned on. And, it appears to be coming from where the faucet is attached to the copper pipe going into the outside wall of the house. How can this be repaired? Thanks a lot!

Alan

: : my anti-siphon cap is leaking. How can I repair it?? Thanks in advance.

: Paul,
: The cap can be unthreaded and the washer can be reset. Sometimes they get crooked and leak. Terry
: :
: : :

: :
: : : : RECENTLY BOUGHT ANTISIPHON FAUCET AND WONDERED WHAT EXACTLY THE ANTISIPHON FEATURE MEANS.ALSO ATTACHED TO THE FAUCET IS AN EXTRA PIECE OF PLASTIC AND HAVE KNOW IDEA WHAT IT'S FUNCTION IS.ANY INFO APPRECIATED

: : : Bob,

: : : The purpose of the "antisiphon is to prevent water from entering the domestic water supply from attached hoses. When the water is off, or when the main is "shut-down", same thing really, water can siphon back from the hose into the drinking supply. Contaminents from garden hoses and irrigation systems can enter what should be a pure and clean supply. The plastic part you mention, is really a cap, not the working part of the antisiphon. Typical is a small seal or valve that allows water only one way. Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.