Re: hot water boiler/heater
Posted by Mike on April 21, 2002 at 01:38:16:
In response to Re: hot water boiler/heater
: I am building a new home in MN. I will have a gas hot water boiler, with radiant heat on the ground floor and fin-tube on the 2nd floor. I am considering a Weil-McLain gold boiler. I have been told that the most efficient one - the GV - has maintenance problems. I am wondering if others have an opinion on this. Also I am considering a domestic hot water heater heated by the boiler vs. a free standing gas water heater. Any data or opinions on thse would be helpful. My house will be 1800 sq ft, with 2 bedrooms.
I'm not to hip on summer/winter hook ups. I would go with a hot water heater for domestic hot water. I have also seen people have both. The good part about getting hot water from both your boiler and a hot water heater is the heater would act as a storage tank. The water would be pre- heated in the boiler,there for the hot water heater would not have to work as hard as it normally would. There would be no shock of cold water entering the tank, it will always be hot because its been pre- heated. Also in the event something happens to the boiler malfunctioning, you will still have hot water water because you have the hot water heater as a back up. I have not heard anything about the GV having problems. I have always sold the CGM )now called CGA) series.

Replies to this post
There are none.