Re: How come my valves to my sprinkler system only turn 1/4 of a turn?
Posted by hj on April 12, 2002 at 09:03:22:
In response to Re: How come my valves to my sprinkler system only turn 1/4 of a turn?
More than likely they are gate valves and the wedge has corroded into the closed position since they have not been used for several months. Apply more pressure to try to break the seal. If the handle breaks you would have to dig them up anyway to replace them. If you do replace them use "T" handle 1/4 turn valves, (possibly brass check and waste valves which will also drain the system when shut off), to eliminate the problem in the future.

: I have a sprinkler system that is into its second year. It was professionally installed by a licensed contractor. The water system that he tapped into was put in place by Lewis Homes. I tried to turn on the sprinkler system after the winter, but I could only turn either valve 1/4 turn. My guess would be that they got some mud in them and won't turn any further. Does anybody have any advice for how to fix this? The biggest problem is that they are about 5 feet under ground, though surrounded with PVC pipe.

Replies to this post
There are none.