Re: Bathroom Lavatory Vent
Posted by hj on March 29, 2002 at 22:56:48:
In response to Re: Bathroom Lavatory Vent
If you are trying to use the existing drain, then the arm to the new location will probably be run horizontally. In that case, putting a loop vent from the drain line, up above the sink level, and then back to the drain line would just be cosmetic and you might as well save yourself the trouble of installing it.

: I want to install a bathroom lav 7 feet from my main soil stack. The bathroom is on the ground floor of a two story house, so I do not want to run a new vent through the second floor, the attic, and out through the roof. The bathroom is existing, so I'd rather not remove a lot of plaster and lath to tie a vent back to the existing stack.

: Can I run a loop vent in the wall behind the lav, and then back down into the same 2" waste pipe that will drain the sink? I could easily extend the loop a foot or so above the sink within the existing wall. Will this prevent siphoning? I have a full basement below, so access is not a problem. Also, i do not want to use one of those "ventless" pipe fittings.

: Thanks for your help.

Replies to this post
There are none.