Re: SEPTIC SYSTEM IT BETTER BE EMPTY !!!
Posted by More on March 25, 2002 at 16:19:49:
In response to Re: SEPTIC SYSTEM IT BETTER BE EMPTY !!!
HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD BE IN THE SEPTIC LINE BETWEEN THE HOUSE AND THE SEPTIC TANK ? It better be empty 90 percent of the time! The house sewer is designed to be higher, and gravity sloped to drain into the septic tank, and empty its contents into the septic tank.

If your sewer is 3/4 full it indicates that the septic tank line to the absorption field is also full, backing uphill into the house, and therefore pushing against the surface of the soil, preparing to break through, leak onto a lower surface, run into the neighbors yard, get picked up by the neighbors dog, and get played in by the neighbor's (and your) kids, contaminate them with raw fecal bacteria, and create major health problems.

Contact a LICENSED septic tank pumping contractor and EDUCATE yourself.

: : HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD BE IN THE SEPTIC LINE BETWEEN THE HOUSE AND THE SEPTIC TANK? MINE SEEMS TO STAY AT LEAST 3/4 FULL ALL THE TIME.
: I would say no water. But how do you know there is water in the line? The outlet on a septic tank is lower than the inlet, so water coming in drains out the outlet to the absorption field or pit, solids drop into the septic tank. Perhaps the line from house to tank is not properly pitched. Investigate further. My .02

Replies to this post
There are none.