Re: Is it ok to use 3/4" fixture rough in with 1/2" supply lines for a shower?
Posted by Mark on March 21, 2002 at 23:50:30:
In response to Re: Is it ok to use 3/4" fixture rough in with 1/2" supply lines for a shower?
: : I am remodeling my home and have existing 1/2" water supply lines. The new Hansgrohe fixtures (Thermostatic regulater, volume control and diverter)that I just bought have 3/4" inlets and outlets. Is it ok to reduce down to 1/2" at each conection without causing any reduced pressure or volume? Also would I be better off just running 3/4" piping for the rest of the shower rough in after the first conection or does it matter?

: : Any help would be appreciated.

: : Mark

:
: If at all possible you should supply the valve with 3/4" pipe,especially if you are adding extra spray heads.You will get maximum performance from the valve.All our grohe rough-ins get 3/4"supplies,and we keep it 3/4"to the sprays.Better to have to much than not enough.

I really dont have any way of changing my water lines to 3/4" without tearing apart my entire house. I just plan on having the one head and the hand held. I don't plan on using both at the same time. With that said do you think the 1/2" would be adaquite?