Re: Washing machine vent
Posted by Terry Love on March 14, 2002 at 23:19:30:
In response to Re: Washing machine vent

: : When my washing machine empties there is a glug, glug sound in the kitchen sink. The septic tank was checked two days ago and is fine for another year. There is a clean out pipe between the house and the septic tank and it is clear. I don't see a vent pipe in the roof from the utility room. There is a pipe in the wall behind the washer that is capped off. Should this pipe be vented through the roof instead of being capped off and would it take care of the glug? Thanks, Elaine

:
: If your new to this house I may would entertain the venting sceniero, but if this system has worked fine in the past, then it should work again,,,,see if the kitchen sink has a vent that it may share with the laundry,,,if so sanke out the drain with a cable or if it is sludged up with old grease, you may can have it power scrubbed with water. Beamer

Elaine,
The glug, glug sounds like a vent alright.
The washer should have either a vent or an air emitter, ( cheater vent, Studor vent ) something like that. Extending the vent through the roof would be a good idea. Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.