Re: washing machine drain
Posted by Gary Swart on March 14, 2002 at 22:39:39:
In response to Re: washing machine drain
The trap is a Pee trap just like the ones under your bathroom sink and kitchen sink. Water stays in the U shape and blocks sewer gas from continuing up the drain and into the house. A cheater vent is a little one way breather device that you can put into a drain line to provide air for venting. They're cheap and available at most any plumbing outlet. I've had one for years on my kitchen drain, they work great.

Replies to this post
There are none.