Re: thermal expansion devices/supply lines
Posted by RJ on March 11, 2002 at 07:06:45:
In response to Re: thermal expansion devices/supply lines
: Our water company is installing a backflow device and creating a closed system. We have limited plumbing know-how and want to be sure we are getting the service that we need. One plumber said we should get a ball cock device and would also need to replace the supply line (change to a flexible line) to the toilet to support this. "Basically rebuild the tank" is what he said. Could someone give me a ballpark quote for parts and labor on this device and also tell me if we need this additional work.

I think installing a properly sized thermal expansion tank in your home is a better option. It must be sized according to the capacity of your hot water heating equipment. The toilet device may be a little less expensive but in the long run it will also wear out.

Replies to this post
There are none.