Re: leak from hot water supply faucett to a clothes washing machine
Posted by one opinion on March 10, 2002 at 18:00:06:
In response to Re: leak from hot water supply faucett to a clothes washing machine
The hoses on the washer should use standard hose washers about 10 cents each to buy. But it sounds like the nut on top of the valve needs to be tightened. Try tightening it. You might not have to spend a dime.

: I've lived in my two story condo for ten years, when I moved in I noticed a leak from the hot water supply faucett, I would temporary just wrap a towel around the faucet and when my hot wash was done, I would turn off the the hot water faucett. will shameles to say, this is what I've been doing for the last 10 years. will one day I set out to do my hot water wash, took off for the whole day, and came home around midnight, to find water leaking from my ceiling in the downstairs, remembering I left the faucett on, I went upstairs to turn the faucett off, the water stoped leaking, I didn't find any water around the washer, where can all that water be coming from, cana't believe it was from that small leak. how do I repair this? could this be all from the leak on the faucett? don't have a problem if I turn the water off, its only if I leave the hot water on. dos'nt happen with the cold water. sorry to turn this into a story book..some one Help please, don't want to call a plumber if I can fix it myself. thank you

Replies to this post
There are none.