Re: Flashing for new bathtub installation
Posted by hj on February 17, 2002 at 17:39:02:
In response to Re: Flashing for new bathtub installation
That metal flashing is usually used when you install a tub that is intended to be set on a platform, into a recess. That style of tub does not have a tile flange around the edges so you have to make your own with the metal flashing. If you use a standard recess style tub you do not have to do that.

: I will be replacing my bathtub soon and have been looking at some books on the topic. Some show metal flashing around the top edge of the tub. How necessary is this step, and is this what pros do? Also, should the wallboard sit right on the edge of the tub, or should there be a slight gap between the tub and the wallboard?

: Thanks for the help!

: Brian

Replies to this post
There are none.