Re: To further explain...
Posted by jc on February 16, 2002 at 10:53:26:
In response to Re: To further explain...
Jim, honestly, I do not know. But from the problem I had, it was just a tiny amount of debris (about the size of the head of a straight pin) that was blocking my line between the valve and the faucet.

: : Thanks for your input, jc, the only thing that I question before going through all of that is could it have taken just an hour for something to get in there and clog it, especially when it has been working at the same pressure (good, but not great) for the past year? It's not like it's been a buildup, but I could be wrong...

: : : : Previously, our bathroom sink had some pressure, but I didn't think enough. Though I don't know a thing about plumbing, I finally got around to seeing if I could increase it by tackling the only thing I could see, the two valves under the sink (for the hot and cold water). Since I didn't know if it was already at full blast or not(as the valve was old and hard to turn), I turned on the water from above, then started turning, which was closing it. I opened it back up to full (which it had apparently been at before). Then later that day I noticed that the pressure and the amount of water coming out was worse, much worse than before, now coming out in just a trickle. Any suggestions on how to get it back to at least what it was before, and better? Where'd I go wrong? Thanks

: You didn't say if you removed the aerator and cleaned it....and still had the problem.

Replies to this post
There are none.