Re: toilet vent
Posted by hj on February 07, 2002 at 21:48:48:
In response to Re: toilet vent
There is a table that shows how many fixture units you can connect to a vent, but it is very liberal and normally you would have no problem connecting your tub to it.

: I am sorry to be so dense, but can you elaborate on two points please? First, is there a formula that would tell me if I can connect the vent for this new bathroom to the vent for the existing adjacent one?. Second, how difficult is it to install the Okley roof flange if I need to go that route?

: Thanks

: Dale
: : You interpretted the requirement too literally. It means that every toilet must have a vent and that vent should go through the roof eventually, (dismissing the possibility of an air admittance valve). There is a minimum area requirement which dictates how many individual vents are required, buy once that number is satisfied, any other vents can be connected to them.

: : : THe new bathroom vent goes into the attic and I have stuffed a rag in it until i decide wether to run it through the roof or connect to the exiting vent 10 feet away. Part of why I havent connected it to the existing line is that I believe I heard that each toilet needs its own vent through the roof, and I dont want to do anything against code. The other part is that I bought a rubber roof flange that seems easy to install. Is it difficult to run through the roof and pproperly secure with an Oakley roof flange?

: : : : What do you mean you capped the vent? Are you going to uncap it and extend it through the roof? If that is the vent you are asking about, then you can do it either way.

: : : : : I installed a new bathroom on my top floor adjacent to the existing master bathroom. I have a 3" vent stack going into the attic that I have capped. The master bathroom vent is about 10 feet away. Can I tap into that or should I run the new pipe seperately through the roof?

Replies to this post
There are none.