Re: loose faucet in tub
Posted by More on January 18, 2002 at 17:29:16:
In response to Re: loose faucet in tub
You need a plumber. The faucets use a backing nut that has a rubberized gasket attached to it that presses against the inside (unaccessable) of the tub which has a union type aperature that allows the faucet valve housings (with their own gasket on the outside [accessable] of the tub, to screw into it and apply tension (pressure) to squeeze the gaskets and prevent water seepage.

But why do you need to pay for this? the inspector should be making her report back to the Escrow company who should be contacting a LICENSED plumber to make the repairs during Escrow, so that the home the seller is selling you is leak free before you move in.

: I'm purchasing a home and the inspector said that the faucets in the tub are loose. I could pull them pretty easy. He said they needed to be tight so that water doesn't get behind the tub. This is my first house and need to keep spending $$ to a minimum. Is this an easy fix or do I need a plumber? Thanks for any help.

Replies to this post
There are none.