Re: American Standard Shower Diverter
Posted by Scott on January 07, 2002 at 22:37:26:
In response to Re: American Standard Shower Diverter
: 30 year old home with American Standard parts in the shower. The problem is when you turn on the water, then turn on the middle shower knob (it's a three across set up), much of the water still comes out of the spout. There is enough water coming out of the shower head to shower, but the tub fills up too. I've been told that this is the diverter. Is this an easy do it yourself fix? If so, could you explain what I would need, tools, parts (where to get them) and how to do it. Or, should I call a professional?

It's an easy fix to replace the diverter. all you need is a bath socket set and a seat wrench and the correct original replacement diverter. we have picture of all of the American Standard and Eljer diverters on our website for identification.


Replies to this post
There are none.