Re: circulating pump
Posted by hj on December 31, 2001 at 08:23:52:
In response to Re: circulating pump
I would replace the bearing assembly. If you have a Grainger's in your area, they may have an Armstrong bearing that interchanges and is less expensive. The idea of the boiler feed valve is that it maintains the pressure. If the valve is shut off then it cannot function and you might as well not have it. I hope it is not a dual unit with the pressure relief valve on it, otherwise the saftey feature has been negated.

: The bearing assembly on my Bell and Gossett circulating assemly is leaking from a small machined hole on the underside of the unit. My plumber has recommended I replace it with a cartridge unit made by Tago (spelling may not be correct). My heater is a Weil Mclain with a 140,000 BTU input and a 112,000 BTU output and is about 20 years old. My home is only about 1500 sq ft with 3 bedrooms. Do you recommend replacing the bearing assembly with a B&G bearing assembly or replacing the entire unit with the Tago cartridge unit. In addition, after my plumber replaced a pressure release value on my unit, he closed the fill value which is located between the heater and a B&G pressure reducing value. Is this correct or should the fill value be left open and the pressure reducing value be adjusted accordingly (10-15 lbs)? Thanks in advance for all replies.

Replies to this post
There are none.