Mistake in terminology for Old toilet repair
Posted by John on December 21, 2001 at 17:01:33:
My friend has an old toilet that needs repair. I have never seen one like this before and cannot find parts for it. The overflow tube is built into the tank
and is the same material as the tank. It needs a new flapper and arm but the one to be replaced is attached on a U shaped bracket (with ears) that is held
down by the bolt that attaches the tank to the base. All the flapper assemblies I have seen do not fit this configuration and there is no way to attach one
to the overflow tube. HELP! She has company coming for the holidays!

Replies to this post