Re: New toilet to old cast iron pipe
Posted by Deborah on November 30, 2001 at 14:00:00:
In response to Re: New toilet to old cast iron pipe
: I am installing a new toilet. When removing the old, I discovered: the old flange was damaged, and part of a 4" lead pipe about 16" long connecting to 4" cast iron. All new flanges seem to be ABS. How can I connect a new ABS flange to either the 4" lead (1/8 thick, 4" id, 4 1/4" OD) or cast iron piper? All the rubber connectors seem to be either 1/2" to large or to small for the 4 1/4" (actual) existing pipe. I do find that ABS flanges are availabe whihc are a snug, but not tight fit to the inside of the existing lead pipe. But don't find any way to make a perment seal. Any advise appreciated.

I had the same problem and found a pvc flange made by Oatey called the Twist N Set. It has an adjustable ring that causes a tight fit inside the old non-pvc pipe. Seems to work great and adjusts to fit the old size.

Replies to this post
There are none.